Online Teaching Best Practices
For online teaching faculty who are about to teach online (maybe for the first time), a new self-paced course in GeorgiaVIEW called COLT
Teaching Online Tips will be offered this Fall.
This course gives an overview of online teaching, you will explore a well-designed online course, ways to establish a positive and engaging online climate, how to keep students actively engaged with your content, grading and feedback, and many more tips.
After completing Preparing to Teach Online, educators will:
• Describe basic instructional design principles for online learning
• Design discussions and assignments specifically for online learners
• Explain how to effectively engage students
• Facilitate online discussions
• Use technology to assist with feedback
• Unit 1: Course Design (4 hours to complete)
• Unit 2: Positive interactive Climate (2 hours to complete)
• Unit 3: Active and Engaged Students (2 hours to complete)
• Unit 4: Feedback (1 hour to complete)
This course is designed for faculty who are new to online teaching and who are beginning to plan and design their course